Pages

Friday 28 January 2022

Live at the Beeb

From my living room in Sheffield I was transported to Belfast on Tuesday night for a very enjoyable game between Cliftonville and Linfield, the magic of the iPlayer bringing the BBC Northern Ireland coverage to me.

I've blogged and tweeted for nearly a decade now on the subject of affordable football, almost always in terms of going to games but it does mean something else to me and that's the way that I consume the game while at home, which usually means the Beeb.

From the excellent coverage on Radio Sheffield, to Match of the Day, the Scottish Championship and Irish Premiership on the iPlayer and programmes such as Off the Ball, I get most of what I need to keep in touch with the game at lots of levels and in different parts of the UK.

Everybody's different, of course, and much of the above won't float everyone's boat but, at a time when the broadcaster's future is under threat from a government all too willing to throw anything and anyone under the bus if it furthers their own ends, I think its always worth highlighting what you get for your money.

No comments: