This was as close as I got to visiting Bootham Crescent, former home of York City FC, and it will have to go down as one of the grounds I wish had been to.
I was pleased to see, when looking at this history of the ground, that, as it is developed for housing, the new street names would commemorate York City heroes, such as Keith Walwyn, while a section of the centre circle and stand will also mark where such memories lie.
It's good to see the Minstermen back in the Football League, on the up and well represented by replica shirts around the city when I had a couple of days there in the summer.
International football, with some stars of the future hopefully on display, comes to the LNER Community Stadium on Monday 12 October as England's U23 Women take on Norway at 7.30pm with tickets priced at £5 for adults, £3 for concessions and £1 for under 16's.

No comments:
Post a Comment